What we're watching

We subscibe to Blockbusters "post you a film" service, it's like Love Film. You've heard of that, right? Right. So I don't need to descibe the process. Anyway, these are the next ten films on our list with remarks I made in an email to my wife - seeing as I'd done all the hard work in setting up the list for films I wanted to see. I mean, wait!! Films WE wanted to see:

  • Quantum of Solace - Bond, nice.

  • Changeling – that one you wanted to see

  • Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa – one for your Mum ?

  • Burn after Reading – adverts looks good

  • Yes Man – Jim Carey, should be like Liar Liar

  • Inkheart – Another one for your Mum, features Brandon Fraiser and is fantasy

  • Mad Money – Stars Diane Keaton so I added it for you

  • Max Payne – Will be a bit Sin City like, but still looks quite good

  • Flawless – Demi Moore diamond heist stuff

  • Day the Earth Stood Still – Keanu Reeves classic sci fi remake.

Pretty good huh. Now, if I hadn't been trying to go for "see, I make decisions based on our mutual needs and interests" I would have put:

  • Quantum of Solace - Cars, women, explosions, killing, sneaky sneak, stab, women, evil plans in ruins!!!! Not necessarily in order of preference.

  • Changeling – What! You added that behind my back. Hmm, Clint Eastward... meh, I'm game.

  • Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa – Hehe, cartoony animal fun - bring it!!

  • Burn after Reading – Advert looked interesting in a kind of "skip to the end" sort of way. Added for curiousity.

  • Yes Man – Standard Jim Carey over-the-top-look-at-me-a-thon. WIN!

  • Inkheart – As long as he doesn't tell as story about spiders, safe.

  • Mad Money – Added purely for "Wife safety check" purposes.

  • Max Payne – Woo hooo! I played this game back in.... whatever! Expect slow motion effects of the Matrix like, but explosions, shooty shooty, sulky cop - should be watchable.

  • Flawless – Demi Moore still makes films? Proove it.

  • Day the Earth Stood Still – Lets poke fun at remakes and say CGI ruined the whole thing when in fact without said computer generated scenes it would have just been a bit of wood talking to other people about unavoidable crap.

I've been warned off adjusting the list without prior discussion (hey, who knew "Tropic Thunder" would arrive before "Tearjerker 3"), however this list is subject to change. Yes it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment