History of Lofgrin

Alright more background on the main character I’ll be documenting the life of on these pages.

Lofgrin.

Lof’s a Night Elf hunter. I’d tried a few other classes when I first started the game (around release originally), and I really wanted to like the Paladin. Sadly, it didn’t do it for me and no-one I knew really played the game and initially I gave up and focus’d my available playing time on EVE.

After a while the craving for Warcraft clawed its way back and I fired it up.

Dispondant because of the Paladin boredom I decided to create a new class, a Warrior. Kortez the Warrior still exists today (at lvl 30 respectively), and was good fun for a time. I started to play a bit more frequently and there were some friends now into the game as well, and a great time was had charging murlocs and hitting them with big double handed swords. But again, it didn’t feel… great. I was often overwhelmed and killed to death, and any multi-mob situation (yes I’m aware this should be warrior art…) would result in my annoyance at ANOTHER corpse run.

Again, I bowed out of WoW for a bit and did other bits and pieces.

More and more of my pals were starting to play the game or had already established a healthy WoW existance and once again I became interested. After some deliberation (not much) I thought I’d give a hunter another go. I’d already created a dwarf hunter alt on a previous occasion and found it to be rather frustrating. I had a bow, but not matter how much range I got the target would always close me down and melee - and engaging multimobs was a waste of time. I think I got to about level 6 on that one before trying something else. Luckily having hit the net, and obviously from seeing people around Azeroth I knew that at 10 it was possible to get a pet. I didn’t really appreciate the importance of that but it sounded good to me.
Instead of resurectting my hunter alt, I decided that I’d start a fresh (I like to), so I chose a Night Elf because I’d seen them around and I thought they looked cool, and I bestowed upon him the name Lofgrin.

I breezed through to level 10 - it was a blur. And I was already in the process of getting my pet. I remember the first pet I tried to tame was higher level than me, and tore me a new one. It would take two more attempts before I realised that you couldn’t tame anything higher level than yourself (there, my first bit of advice for up and coming hunters!). Logic should have dictated, but meh… you live you learn.

After I had a pet, everything made sense… and it was great fun. I’d read up about feeding your pet, getting up his loyalty, and it was all as easy as it sounded. I hated Danarrsus so I headed over to the tried and trusted Wetsfall to continue my levelling - also running into a Priest friend of mine there too. I’d tamed some sort of Nightsabre back in the Elf lands but as soon as I landed in Westfall I tamed a boar (named him Boargasm) and he was my pet for a further 10 levels. Finally I was able to attack a mob, stay at range and do my thing!

I had talent points to spend. On other characters I’d had no idea what to pump stuff into and just gone for whatever sounded funky, so this time I read up on what specs had what advantage and see if I could find some appealing map for a character build. I happened upon BigRedKitty - and a wealth of information was obsorbed! I decided I would follow the almost perfectly timed blog entry on Building a BM spec and I was eating up as much information about Beast Master Hunters as I could. I grabbed some of his masterful macros and put them to work, and the levels flew by. 20, 30, 40 (first eveer mount!!), 50, and more recently the adulation of finally reaching the old style end goal of 60.

And that’s around about where we are today folks. Level 61, in outlands, with my trusty Winterspring Frostsabre pet “Shoryuken”. I’ll perhaps recap on a couple of good old times and landmarks, but for now…. thats the History of Lof. Sorry its a bit windy and pointless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment