Time Management, profession grinding, and me.

There is so much for me to do in WoW, I could never complain of being bored with the game.
As it stands Lofgrin is level 63 and progressing towards 70 VERY slowly, and there are many reason why its such a meandar.

For one, I don’t feel the main drive to level right now. In the mid to late 40’s all I could think about was getting to 60. I don’t even remember the 50’s because it was a period of time where if I was on WoW, I was hitting it hard to get through the 50’s. Getting to 60 finally was a relieve, and I was very proud of the accomplishment - but I had an instant drop in motivation to get to 70, and I felt I’d missed some of the other aspects of the game driving to 60.

As such I’ve taken time to do other bits and pieces in the game, such as proffesions. These are time consuming, but a great deal of satisfaction comes from progressing them. I recently power levelled First Aid (from someone like 75 to 365 in one or two sessions). I had no quarms about buying items from the AH to get this because (1) I have very little patience, and (2) time spent grinding out mats is time I could be doing something else. You weigh up that cost and have your preferred way of working. In this example, I felt I’d be better off dropping X amount of gold on mats for First Aid rather than spend session after session located mobs, farming them, then managing the end product. Would it have saved me money if I’d done that? Not at all!

You see, say you spent 2 hours grinding away at Ogres in Arathi Highlands to get cloth. At the end of it you had 4 stacks of 20 cloth and a handful of silver. Fine, well done. Now you can level First Aid for that part, say by 60. You spent no money, and you’re feeling pretty good about yourself and you sit aloft you mountain of gold. Hurrah!

Well… actually. If you’d bought the 4 stacks of 20 cloth off the AH for say 75 silver each (3 gold), levelled First Aid up by 60, then spent the next 1 hour and 45 minutes in outland questing - then the end result would probably see you exceed 3 gold and therefore you would have made money from spending your time more wisely. And, if like me, your game time is limited or varied then this is the best solution I can see.

Everyone has their opinions, some people have time or far more willpower. Good for you - but this works for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment