The 40's and..... ding 50!

The 40's I initiall felt - were boring. As I've explained in a previous post, I'd reached my mount goal and picked up a few decent skills, but it seemed like a long slog to the 50's. But as you get into the game, some of the quests and new opportunitys open up to you and the levelling ticks along at a decent enough pace.
And here I am, finding myself at level 50. So what's been good?

Guild

The guild continues to be a huge source of amusement for me. Great people, having fun with the game. No-ones under any pressure to do anything, but someone is always up for something. Its a great balance for someone in my position - that being someone who is randomly on for various amounts of time.

Instances

I managed to get into ZF, and I have to say its the best damn instance I've done so far! Great fun, and the two guildies I did it with were a good laugh and excellent tour guides. It helped me get a couple of decent quest rewards and a chunk of experience. Will definately be making a run back there soon.

I don't find it easy making time for instance runs. You need large chunks and usually its not something I commit too. But hopefully I can keep squeezing them in as I enjoy the teamplay and the new scenery.

PvP

I've been having fun with PvP. I took a break from levelling to do a week of Arathi Basin, and it was great. Definately making time for that in the future, and looking forward to hopefully getting together with some guildies for some Alterac Valley fun.

Levelling

As I mentioned, levelling hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be in the 40's. I'd heard it can bog you down a bit, but its gone by at the usual pace in my opinion. I was anxious to make it 50, and keep things ticking over, and I've managed that milestone and looking forward to the next one (60).

Talents

As I hit 50 I got to put my first point in Marksman!!! I went for the +1% crit talent, and looking forward to pumping the next 4 levels in there also. Hopefully this will see me adding more meat to the bones from my end of the bow while Shoryuken (my pet cat) keeps doing what he does, and ripping himself some tasty snackage.

So all in all I'm a happy hunter.
EDIT: This is a horrible post. Even I think its badly written and I wrote it! I wanted to put in something brief that filled the gap and included some experiences during the 40's, but what I think I'll do is go back over it - and eloborate on the good points. Until then... excuse the crapulence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment