Grinding

I jumped on for a bit last night and did a couple of things. Firstly, as I was in the Badlands, I looked to do a couple of quests. Whilst doing this I came across a clear grinding spot of troggs - and I was able to dispatch them pretty easily considering alot of them were up to 5 levels above me!

This netted me a few bucks, and the XP certainly wasn’t hurting. Also one of the mobs dropped some blue leggings which I should be able to shoot across to my Warrior alt (they were strength inclined). All in all, its was a decent enough time. I did get whisp’d by a random lvl 42 Dwarf Warrior who asked what quest I was doing. When I told him “Iridium” he said “follow me”. I did, and he led me into Uldaman! What the…. The mobs I was hitting when he found me dropped what I needed, without the hassle of them being elites. So I made my excuses and returned to the grind. Eventually I got the bits I needed, handed in the quests, and decided I needed a change for a bit.

I noticed a fellow guildie was in Stranglethorn. I still had a couple of quests I wanted to finish off that way, because the quest rewards were armour that I was interested in. So I hailed him, and asked if he’d mind helping me out with Panther Mastery so I could snag the leggings. He was similar level to me, and agreed.

Now, the beasty that you have to vanquish to finish the quest and I had met before. When I was around lvl 34 I decided I wanted to get this quest out the way (I really wanted those leggings) so I tracked him down, and attempted to kill him where he stood. I failed miserably. He’s a 40 elite and he whiped the floor with me solo. So I had no expectations that things would be any different at lvl 38. Except my demise might take longer. Which is why I called in help.
Myself and my guildie made our way to the location. It wasn’t without issues. The first time he managed to drag a 43 elite mob with him, and it killed us both. The second time I managed to drag a 43 elite with me and it killed us both. As I made my apologies and way back to my corpse this guildie vanished offline. Hmmm. I presumed connection issues as he had been unresponsive in chat and in combat, so….. Damn, was I ever going to get this quest done !!!
I picked up my corpse, no other mobs were around so I thought “why not”. Send pet and open fire.

I dropped him like he was hot, almost no trouble at all. Had to mend pet once, but apart from that it was standard stuff.

I turned in the quest and tried on the leggings. They weren’t as good as the one’s I was wearing !!!! All that…. for nothing. Haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment