The 5 level gap catch up

So I’ve reached level 30. My highest levelled character, and its been a great journey. It has rarely felt like a slog, and although the “send pet - cast hunters mark - autoshot - arcane shot - repeat” can wear thin, I’m always keep on my toes by unwanted adds, grabbing the aggro from Jeff, or doing something silly (and usually for speed purposes). All these factors force my to learn how to evade such incidents, and a hunter is very capable of controlling these situations. So much so that I often find myself sending Jeff against the most horrible of odds, just to see if I can overcome them. 9 times out of 10 is a success. A trap here, a concussive shot there, an aspect of the cheeter everywhere, and a few wing clips and rapid shots thrown in for good measure.

I was looking forward to level 30 for a couple of reason. Firstly it meant I had found a class I enjoyed playing and learning, and secondly I had been eye’ing up the skills available to me at that level at the hunter trainer for some time. I have to say, I was a little dissapointed. A few improved Ranks and Feign Death. Having said that, I was looking forward to trying Feign Death to see how useful it was. I obviously couldn’t wait for an instance (as I rarely participate in them), so I got myself in trouble, grabbed aggro and popped FD to see what would happen.
What happened in this particular case was a resist from the mob in question, and my fetal positioned fake corpse being pushed along the ground by an angry axe weilding orc. I picked myself up, dusted off the side of my face, dropped a frost trap, and ran like buggery.

Still, I take great pride in my lastest ding. And reflect on my progression since I picked up the hunter class. I must admit, I can barely remember the lower levels and certainly nothing before having a pet! But the most satisfying aspect is that I want to progress this character. I don’t feel bored by his repitoir, I don’t resent my pet reliance, and I certainly do look forward to more skills - more gear - and more experience.

Lookout level 40 and my first mount. I’m coming for ya!

Quick update on pets. I did take the time to catch the ghost sabre at the ruins in darkshore. A laborious tasks of finding cat figrurines and opening them (boring) and I did it without a pet (stupid), but once it appeared…. joy.


He was a lot lower level than I, and at the time I wanted to progress and hit 30 and not go through the process of training my pet to hold aggro and get some xp under its belt. I stabled him and got Jeff killing for me again, but should I find things slow in the future, or I fancy a low level grind for some materials or something, I’ll be sure to drag out Smokey the Ghost Sabre because he looks damn cool…

0 comments:

Post a Comment