Level 38 and a couple of instance…. er, appearances

After moaning about the fact that I didn’t want to log Lofgrin in because of the grind I probably needed to do for him to ding 38, I logged in, grinded Rock Elementals in the Bad Lands for maybe 10 minutes and DING! Not so hard afterall (the rested XP obviously helped).

I heathed back to Iron Forge and got the lastest skills from the trainer. More upgrades, but useful ones - including Wing Clip rank 2 and AotH Rank 4. It all helps.

I didn’t really fancy questing so I decided to bite the bullet and make the journey to this much heard about place called Scarlet Monastary. This time I bothered to look up the route there from Southshore on Thotbot, and away I went with a spring in my step.

Upon arrival I noticed a couple of things. 1. If I wanted to come here again I would have to make this ardious 15-20 minute journey again. 2. I realised that I hadn’t bothered to find out the level of the mobs, and upon engaging a few of them I was able to dispatch them solo with relative ease.

Point 2 quickly faded as I realised that the mobs outside the instance were grey to me. So no experience.

I decided to take a peek inside. I didn’t have that much time left online and didn’t really want to get into a random group that I’d eventually have to let down halfway through, so I wondered into the Cathedral. More grey mobs. I decided to take the opportunity to test out my chain trapping skills, and after a couple of successes with some lighter targets I noticed some greens. “Oooo, XP!” - swiftly followed by - ”ahhh, didn’t see those other mobs behind that guy” - followed again by - ”leg it!”

After 20 minutes of looking around, seeing what the instance was about, chaining a couple of mobs, getting my hands full, and realising that to do things comfortably I needed at least one other person with me…. I bowed out. Taking a couple of ok’ish green items with me
For ease, I heathed back to Iron Forge to AH those greens and get some more arrows.

I noticed I still had a bit of game playing time left, so I thought while I was in the exploring mood I’d check out Gnomeregan down the road. I trundled over there, went in and noticed two things. 1. Everything was a lot lower level that me and the mobs at the early stages I was pretty much able to throw a melee hit, keep moving and collect the copper in my grubby mit. And 2. the money wasn’t bad for the effort put in. I admit, I wasn’t in there long but I made my way around pretty fearlessly, killed a few things, grabbed a couple of greens, and just had an explore.

So in a very short amount of time I’d dinged 38, seem SM Cathedral and bagged some greens, visited Gnomeregan… and bagged some greens.

I’m started to feel very affectionate about instances….

0 comments:

Post a Comment