Upgrade tactics

How many time have you looked at a piece of your armour or a weapon and wept for its crapness? How many times have you looked on the Auction House, only to see no items for your level to replace aforementioned horrible garment or whatever? How many times have you seen a grren/blue drop from a mob, only to discover its about as useful to you as a chocolate firegaurd? Too many times.

I don't have the best gear. I've been grabbing mail and stacking agility and stamina with a hint of intel since I hit 40, and that's been working out fine. It helps me, it helps me pet, and I have no issue - however, I have not been able to get rid of my leather chestpiece or my leather pants since then. And it rages me! Surely in the last 10+ levels I should have come across something?

Clicking the character portrait button is a constant and painful reminder.

But at last, there may be a way out of this item-crap misery.

I took a look at a friends armory profile on the WoW site, and noticed a new (new to me) feature - find an upgrade. I loaded my profile, clicked find an upgrade on my chestpiece and low and behold.... options! What's even better is it tells you if its a drop, or boss item, or a quest item. The quest items scenario interested me greatly, so I found an item I liked the look of, checked the quest out on Thotbot, and headed out. In this case, to Wintersprings.

This is where I drop you, and kill the satisfaction of the post. I haven't gotten round to doing it yet!!! But the point is - there is a way out of poor items. Do some research on the armory site, and track down that free piece of kit. I will DEFINATELY be checking this out everytime I outgrow a piece...

0 comments:

Post a Comment